subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Dalton, Bill (GE Energy Connections)" <Bill.Dal...@ge.com>
Subject Checkout through link ignores rev parameter
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 13:15:04 GMT
Our Subversion server is 1.9.2.  Almost all of our agents are 1.9.4.  A couple of the agents
are 1.7.9

From: Eric Johnson [mailto:eric@tibco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:39 PM
To: Dalton, Bill (GE Energy Connections) <Bill.Dalton@ge.com>
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org; Hannold, Bill (GE Energy Connections) <Bill.Hannold@ge.com>
Subject: EXT: Re: Checkout through link ignores rev parameter

What version of the Subversion client & server are you using?

Eric

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Dalton, Bill (GE Energy Connections) <Bill.Dalton@ge.com<mailto:Bill.Dalton@ge.com>>
wrote:
We have projects which share some of the files in the subversion folders but not all.  So,
those projects put their files into separate folders.  One of the pairs of folders contains
the actual files.  The other folder of the pair has subversion links which point to the actual
files in the other folder.  This strategy seems to work with only one very important exception.
 When  the folder with the links is checked out, the actual files always return the HEAD version,
ignoring the “rev=” parameter.

Specifically, there are two folder in Subversion whose paths are “trunk/firmware/cpu_fw/dia”
and “trunk/firmware/cpu_fw_vx7/dia”.  Most of the files in the cpu_fw_vx7/dia folder (that
is, all of the shared files) are links which point to the corresponding file in the cpu_fw/dia
folder.  If the cpu_fw_vx7/dia folder is updated with a “svn update -r 17905 –non-interactive
–force svnRepos/trunk/firmware/cpu_fw_vx7/dia” command, it will always fetch the HEAD
revision, instead of the 17905 revision.