subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Maloney, Daniel" <Daniel.Malo...@bms.com>
Subject E730054: Error running context: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:40:21 GMT
I've got a Collabnet Subversion Edge instance that I've been running for years with no issues.
Got a complaint from a user about a month ago that she couldn't checkout a repo. I verified
the issue, error text in TortoiseSVN client window was "E730054: Error running context: An
existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." I've tried other repos, and they
all fail with this same error. Same thing happens with TortoiseSVN or the command line client.
All repos were working fine and everyone's permissions were correct before the issue cropped
up, and everyone can still browse the repos on ViewVC. The same error is happening on multiple
repos and even happens on new test repos. The error seems to crop up at random places in the
checkout process - sometimes a few files into the checkout, sometimes dozens. It never stops
at the same file, or even a similar file in terms of size. It seems pretty random. And again,
it's happening on multiple repos.

I've tried restarting Subversion Edge, rebooting the server, upgrading the Tortoise client,
and I went so far as to upgrade Subversion Edge on the server to 5.1.4-4353.41. I can't see
anything useful in the logs from the times I try to check out and get errors. Haven't found
much useful when I Google this, so I thought I'd ask for help from the forum.

OS is RHEL 4.4.7-4, SVN Edge is providing Apache 2.4.23 and SVN 1.8.17

Any help appreciated.

Dan Maloney

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged
and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual
or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual
or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.