subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Novo <david.n...@denovosoftware.com>
Subject subversion development pace
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2016 15:41:18 GMT
Hello,

We have been long time subversion users but there are some people looking to investigate other
solutions. One of the comments being made internally is that SVN development has slowed down
to a crawl and that innovative features like new backends, shelving etc are simply not happening.

Looking at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-commits/, it does seem there
is a dramatic downturn in the number of commits to SVN. However, I am not sure if we are interpreting
those numbers correctly or not. Is there anyone who can shed some insight as to the current
pace/priorities of SVN development.

For example, on the roadmap in the "most wanted" features (many of which would be fantastic
for us), many of the "most wanted" features in the issue tracker have not even received an
update in years. How am I to interpret this? Is work going on but not tracked in the issue
tracker?

-Dave

David Novo
President