subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dario Niedermann <dn...@tiscali.it>
Subject History split after server-side mkdir/mv
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:04:27 GMT
I have a repository I had made in a pinch, without any directory
structure, just adding files to the root.

When the time came to add some method to the madness, I created
the 3 canonical directories, then moved (server-side) all files to
'trunk/'. Now, when I issue `svn log' in my freshly checked-out
working copy, I face the following situation:

*  'trunk/' only remembers revisions since when it was created;

*  the single files within 'trunk/' remember and show their full
   history;

*  when I `cd' to the working copy's "root" ('trunk/..') I see
   everything: from 1 to HEAD, including all changes to 'trunk/'.

Now, since no history was lost, this is not a real problem. I'd just
like, for 'trunk/' (i.e.: when I'm in 'trunk/' and issue `svn log') to
see everything back to revision 1. So I guess the question is: is there
a way to tell 'trunk/' that it also "owns" the repository root history
up to its birth?

Thanks for your comments,
DN