subversion-users mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Decrease After Moving Working Copy to Another Machine
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:15:00 GMT
On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Brandon Eusebio <beusebio@ghs.com> wrote:
> Hello Johan,
>
> Thank you so much for your response! It was incredibly helpful and clear.
>
> You were correct in the fact that my "tar" command was not preserving the correct modified
timestamps. It turns out that the default tar format is GNU, which only supports timestamp
up to a granularity of seconds (https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/696614). I added
a flag "--format=posix" to get the necessary nanosecond timestamp needed for Subversion.

> If it is helpful for your future reference, the linux command to get precise access +
modify + change timestamps is the "stat" command.

> You have been an awesome help. Thanks again!
>
> All the best,
> Brandon

You're welcome :-). I'm glad it helped.

--