subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Reedick <jreed...@incomm.com>
Subject RE: Creating and Verifying a Reliable backup
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:00:02 GMT

... snip verify/backup/verify/rsync/verify script...

If you're not already doing it, you might want to pack your repos in order to the make the
backups and/or copying faster.  Working on thousands of small files is incredibly slow/inefficient.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.diskspace.fsfspacking

However, I'm not sure what the pros/cons of packing are in regards to rsync.