subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Kerry, Richard" <richard.ke...@atos.net>
Subject RE: Creating and Verifying a Reliable backup
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 09:04:16 GMT

>On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Stefan Hett <stefan@egosoft.com<mailto:stefan@egosoft.com>>
wrote:
To ensure the integrity of a backup close to 100% I go the fail safe way:
2. svnadmin dump to dump the current repository
3. svnadmin load the dump into a fresh repository
4. svnadmin dump the newly loaded repository
5. compare the first and the last dump

>I like this suggestion. What I think I will do ultimately is check out the entire repo
somewhere, check out the >entire hotcopied repo somewhere, and check all the files against
one another.

"check out " "check out" "check all"
But that only checks the working copies so doesn't check the repository structure and hence
the history.  Comparing the dumps does that.

Regards,
Richard.

Atos, Atos Consulting, Worldline and Canopy The Open Cloud Company are trading names used
by the Atos group. The following trading entities are registered in England and Wales: Atos
IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534), Atos Consulting Limited (registered number
04312380), Atos Worldline UK Limited (registered number 08514184) and Canopy The Open Cloud
Company Limited (registration number 08011902). The registered office for each is at 4 Triton
Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No. for each is: GB232327983.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee,
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this e-mail in error,
you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they
are not secure. Atos therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content. Although
Atos endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission
is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos by email.