subversion-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <phamm...@hedgeserv.com>
Subject Merge tracking (cherry-pick) error in Svn ... looking for confirmation before filing a JIRA ticket.
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 13:28:01 GMT
Except I filed the ticket instead of reading the ticket-filing instructions, so ‘before'
really is ‘after' – oops:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4635

Reproduction:

   git clone https://github.com/paul-hammant/subversion_testing.git
   cd subversion_testing
   ./reset.sh
   ./server.sh
   ./test_of_out_order_merges_back_the_original_branch.sh

Does this finished or choke on a merge conflict for you?

If the same scripts ported to Perforce, Git and Mercurial and the same sequence of events
works fine. The code for those is on branches in that Git repo. I wrote blog entries too for
the experience, but it’s probably not necessary to link to them here.

- Paul