subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject single file version control - was: SVN
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 06:53:38 GMT
Hi,

On 26/05/16 20:08, PERRY JENNINGS wrote:
> cannot use SVN because the code is for *non-object-oriented*
> applications ; hence a single file, not a project needs to be checked
> in and out of the repository.  So my question is: Are you aware of a
> client that could be used to checkout and checkin a single file to the
> SVN repository and maintain the version number of the source code that
> is checked in?   If not, do you know if SVN has the single file
> checkout and checkin feature?

Apache Subversion supports serializing changes to binary files will all
standard clients. It is called "locking", e.g. attaching svn:needs-lock
properties to the files, and acquiring locks to serialize access. Read
about it here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.locking.html

Andreas