subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: Blank lines
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 12:47:29 GMT
Hi Darek,
> How can I force
> svn status
> not to indicate files with added/removed blank lines as modified?
>
> I'm fighting with this all day today and I cannot find any help.
> I've already changed diff-cmd and diff3-cmd to ignore blank lines, but
> I still see these files as modified which gives me a jungle of changes
> that I don't want to see.
As far as I know that's not directly possible with the command line
client. You could however write a script/batch file to compile the
results you expect.
One reference which might help to get started:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19307464/svn-list-of-changed-files-ignoring-whitespaces
That contains a script which uses svn status and svn diff -- it does
things slightly different from what your needs would require, but it
should still be a useful starting point.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett