subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: Improve svn warning/error message to faciliate troubleshooting
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 13:55:42 GMT
Hi Cosmere,
> Hello,
>
> I am using svn version 1.8.9 on Centos and I get the following warnings
>
> svn: warning: W155022: Cannot insert a file external defined on
> '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages' into the working copy
> '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages/src'.
> svn: warning: W155022: Cannot insert a file external defined on
> '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages' into the working copy
> '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages/src'.
> svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals
> definitions
>
> Could you please improve the warning/error to include the external
> involved so that troubleshooting is easier?
>
> Thanks

You might wanna upgrade your SVN version to the latest 1.8 build (which
is 1.8.16 at the time of writing this).
There are multiple client fixes impacting the handling of externals. For
instance 1.8.13:
"better error message if an external is shadowed (r1655712, r1655738)"

While I'm not sure whether that's helping in your case, I take it that
chances are not that bad. .-)

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett