subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Blaxton <blaxx...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Extra /bin/ directory is added to library path when running make command
Date Sun, 08 May 2016 12:46:24 GMT
Running:./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr/bin/apr-1-config --with-apr-util=/usr/local/aprutil/bin/apu-1-config

./configure completes with no problem, but the same happens after running make command:
cd subversion/libsvn_subr && /bin/sh "/subversion-1.9.4/libtool" --tag=CC --silent
--mode=link gcc -static  -g -O2  -g -O2 -pthread    -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info
0  -o libsvn_subr-1.la  adler32.lo atomic.lo auth.lo base64.lo bit_array.lo cache-inprocess.lo
cache-membuffer.lo cache-memcache.lo cache.lo cache_config.lo checksum.lo cmdline.lo compat.lo
compress.lo config.lo config_auth.lo config_file.lo config_win.lo crypto.lo ctype.lo date.lo
debug.lo deprecated.lo dirent_uri.lo dso.lo eol.lo error.lo fnv1a.lo gpg_agent.lo hash.lo
io.lo iter.lo lock.lo log.lo macos_keychain.lo magic.lo md5.lo mergeinfo.lo mutex.lo nls.lo
object_pool.lo opt.lo packed_data.lo path.lo pool.lo prefix_string.lo prompt.lo properties.lo
quoprint.lo root_pools.lo simple_providers.lo skel.lo sorts.lo spillbuf.lo sqlite.lo sqlite3wrapper.lo
ssl_client_cert_providers.lo ssl_client_cert_pw_providers.lo ssl_server_trust_providers.lo
stream.lo string.lo subst.lo sysinfo.lo target.lo temp_serializer.lo time.lo token.lo types.lo
user.lo username_providers.lo utf.lo utf8proc.lo utf_validate.lo utf_width.lo validate.lo
version.lo win32_crashrpt.lo win32_crypto.lo win32_xlate.lo x509info.lo x509parse.lo xml.lo
-L/usr/local/aprutil/lib -laprutil-1 -L/usr/local/apr//lib -lapr-1 -lexpat -lz  -lsqlite3
-lmagic -lintl -lintl grep: can't open /usr/local/apr/bin/lib/libapr-1.lased: Cannot find
or open file /usr/local/apr/bin/lib/libapr-1.la.libtool: link: `/usr/local/apr/bin/lib/libapr-1.la'
is not a valid libtool archivemake: The error code from the last command is 1.

What I noticed, make command uses libtool provided by subversion and not libtool on system.
I have compiled apr and aprutil, and placed them on different directory:apr in /usr/local/apr/ andaprutil
in /usr/local/aprutil/
Is this ok ?I didn't get any error building apr and aprutil.Is there a way of checking apr
and aprutil to make sure they have compiled properly ?
Thanks

      From: Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org>
 To: users@subversion.apache.org 
 Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:22 AM
 Subject: Re: Extra /bin/ directory is added to library path when running make command
   
On 08.05.2016 14:15, Blaxton wrote:
> After running autogen.sh, running ./canfigure thorws below error:
> checking for Expat... no
> configure: error: Expat not found
>
>
> If I pass apr and apr-util path to ./configure:
>
> ./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-apr-util=/usr/local/aprutil
>
>  configuration complete with no problem
> but I get error when I run make command:
>
> grep: can't open /usr/local/apr/bin/lib/libapr-1.la
> sed: Cannot find or open file /usr/local/apr/bin/lib/libapr-1.la.
> libtool: link: `/usr/local/apr/bin/lib/libapr-1.la' is not a valid
> libtool archive
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.


Try telling configure the path to apr-1-config and apu-1-config instead;
e.g.,

./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr/bin/apr-1-config
--with-apr-util=/usr/local/apr/bin/apu-1-config


If that doesn't fix the problem, then most likely there's something
wrong with your APR install.

-- Brane


  
Mime
View raw message