subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Problem with locking multiple files.
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 11:37:40 GMT
Hi,

this is in reference to a user reported problem on the TSVN mailing list [1]

The user is having an issue with using TSVN 1.9.4 over a Java-SSL-Tunnel
when trying to lock hundreds or thousands of files. The same operation
works without problems when:
- using TSVN 1.8.12 or
- using the SVN command line client (1.8 or 1.9)
- disabling the Java-SSL-Tunnel

I've been pointed to issue #4557 [2] by stsp. I'm not 100% certain
whether this really is the particular problem the user runs into but
even if it wouldn't be the case here, the underlying issue of #4557
might be worth changing/fixing in 1.9 as well.

The reasoning from a users / downstream-developer's point of view would
be that the new way could fail in a particular environment which the old
(aka: 1.8) way would work just fine. So if I as a developer make use of
the new functionality, it would look like a regression to my userbase of
my tool.

Does that make sense to you? Should I create a new JIRA issue for that
case (in contrast to SVN-4557 that would differ in that the effected
version would be 1.9.x - not 1.8.x - aka: no regression)?

[1]
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=3171337
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4557

--