subversion-users mailing list archives

From Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about --pin-externals option
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 23:02:54 GMT
A couple questions regarding "svn copy --pin-externals":

1) I thought I saw that when the --pin-externals option was being
   developed it handled things differently when the destination was a
   tag verses a branch.

   IIRC, copy --pin-externals to a "tag" destination just pinned the
   revision to the current one (leaving the path the same), but if the
   destination was a "branch" and the source was relative, it would
   leave the version floating and change the path so it too pointed to
   a branch (or something like that).

   Did the branch handling stuff get dropped?

2) Are there server-side version dependancies for use of the
   --pin-externals option?  Or will it work with any server version?

Where does one find documentation for 1.9 versions (the book only
covers versions up to 1.8)?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I didn't order any
                                  at               WOO-WOO ... Maybe a YUBBA