subversion-users mailing list archives

From <thiemo.kell...@post.ch>
Subject Is it possible to change content of a commit by pre-commit hook?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 07:44:53 GMT
Hi all

We export PowerCenter workflows as XML to commit those to subversion. We would like to make
sure that the description attribute of the tags contain subversion information like Rev or
Header. Is it possible to change the content i.e. the value of the xml description attribute
by commit hook? I had a look at red bean book and search the net for hints. I only found 'svnlook
cat' to echo the content of the file but I did not find a means to alter the content. Is it
possible to achieve or do I need to make a check on the content and fail the commit if the
required bits of information in the content is not present?

Kind regards

Thiemo