subversion-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Bruni <jbr...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to change content of a commit by pre-commit hook?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:27:01 GMT

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 12:44 AM, thiemo.kellner@post.ch wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> We export PowerCenter workflows as XML to commit those to subversion. We would like to
make sure that the description attribute of the tags contain subversion information like Rev
or Header. Is it possible to change the content i.e. the value of the xml description attribute
by commit hook? I had a look at red bean book and search the net for hints. I only found 'svnlook
cat' to echo the content of the file but I did not find a means to alter the content. Is it
possible to achieve or do I need to make a check on the content and fail the commit if the
required bits of information in the content is not present?

> Kind regards
>
> Thiemo

Have you tried using keywords?

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.advanced.props.special.keywords.html

You might be able to use a pre-commit hook to verify that the keywords are present and that
the svn:keywords property is set on the file -- not the modify the content but to reject the
commit if they are missing.