subversion-users mailing list archives

From jbl...@icloud.com
Subject Re: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:55:05 GMT

> On Apr 15, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Gronde, Christopher (Contractor) <Christopher.Gronde@fincen.gov>
wrote:

> We have a user who is trying to commit a 5MB file (he says the file is larger than he
normally uploads) and he is receiving the error in subject of this email.  I have looked at
the apache error_log (after upping the logging to debug) as well as access_log, and find nothing
that shows why this error is happening.  Someone suggested changing the name of the file and
attempting again, but that did not work either.  Any assistance in troubleshooting this would
be much appreciated.  I have googled all I can and can’t find any definitive answer to this
issue.

> SVN Version: 1.6.11 (r934486)
> OS RHEL 6.7
> Client OS Windows 7
> Client Version: TortoiseSVN 1.7.7, Build 22907 – 64bit
> No local firewall on server
> I believe there is a physical firewall between client machine and SVN server
> No load balancer
> Error is generated by the SVN client when committing the file.
>

> V/r
> Chris (CTR)
> Linux Systems Administrator
> Network Monitoring Engineer

Your email does not indicate the type of access method that is being used, "svn:", "http:",
etc., so I'm just going to make some assumptions.

If you are using http: as your access method and assuming you are using Apache HTTPD as your
web server, you should check some of the Apache timeout values. We found that by changing
Apache's timeouts from the default of 5 minutes to around 30 minutes, our connections stopped
dropping on large checkouts and commits. Look in your Apache configuration for the Timeout
directive; on RHEL, Timeout defaults to 120 seconds.

FYI, you are using a really old version of the svn server (1.6) and an old version of TortoiseSVN.