subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Mimicking mvn_authz_svn with svnauthz(1)
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2016 03:02:04 GMT
Osipov, Michael wrote on Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 08:00:56 +0000:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to figure out how I can effectively mimic the behavior
> of mod_authz_svn with svnauth(1). I do have a small, read-only PHP
> application which shall browse a  repo just like mod_dav_svn does
> with the same authz.  While calling svnauthz(1) works well,
> I am not certain when I should use '--recursive' or not. Looking at
> mod_authz_svn.c for the switch case with r->method_number, I do see
> that it is only necessary for COPY, MOVE, DELETE and default.
> In terms of read-only access, I don't need recursive checks.
>
> Is that correct?

That depends on what your app does.  For example, if you provide an
interface to 'ls -R' and the authz file has

    [/foo]
    * = r
    [/foo/secret]
    * =
    @secret = r

, then children of /foo/secret should be excluded from the listing, but
a non-recursive 'r' answer on '/foo' doesn't convey that information.

Cheers,

Daniel