subversion-users mailing list archives

From lejeczek <pelj...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: AW: repositories structure from user/access control viewpoint - how?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 20:57:55 GMT

On 09/03/16 16:44, Niemann, Hartmut wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I learned that finer-as-per-repository-grained read access is rather "expensive" in terms
of server load
> because rights have to be checked for each file updated.
> So it would be best that you have separate repositories for separate "read" user groups.
Hi,
that is interesting concept but one that I don't  quite get
- you would have different locations/namespaces pointing to
the same target?
And these namespaces would define different type of access
per whole groups?

> I have not heared about somebody who used separate HTTP servers for that, I doubt that
it would help.
I see I might have been a bit vague when said - service.
What I meant was, would one use separate namespace, eg:
   <Location /dev.myproject.foo>
     DirectoryIndex disabled
     DAV svn
     ForceType text/plain
     SVNReposName ......
for each project if the reason was - this helps finer access
control. Or it does not and one namespace for all
locations/projects does the same?
many thanks