subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Upgrade Subversion from 1.5 to 1.9
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:58:37 GMT
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:33:49AM -0700, Safarulla Meerasahib wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have recently taken over a production  application from other team, which uses the
SVN 1.5.0 as one of the component. Now we have a requirement to upgrade this to latest version
of the subversion.

> While going through the Apache subversion link we have noticed that Subversion 1.9 can
only upgrade working copies created with Subversion 1.6 and Subversion 1.7.

> Is there any workaround to upgrade 1.5.0 to 1.9?

Use 'svn checkout' to get new working copies after upgrading.
Note that working copies are only used by the Subversion client.

A 1.9 server is fully backwards compatible to repositories created
by any version of Subversion.

If you are unsure about the differences between working copies and
repositories, please read this page:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.basic.version-control-basics.html