subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Niemann, Hartmut" <hartmut.niem...@siemens.com>
Subject Displaying locks on file externals
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:18:30 GMT
Hello!

One project here makes heavy use of file externals and locking,
building projects from a pool of binary objects
with this.

The question to solve is: who holds a lock where?

We use Tortoise SVN here, and it's developer told me, that this is a property of the svn library.

when I select a single file-external file with svn status -u, I see a lock held for this file.
If I use --xml, I see the lock owner.

when I run svn status -u --xml on the directory, there is no locking info shown.
Is this a bug? Can it be fixed easily?
It would help us here tremendously, if we could get a list, which of these (mainly file-external)
files are locked (and by whom).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dr. Hartmut Niemann

Siemens AG
MO MLT LM EN CCI 1
Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 67
91052 Erlangen, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 9131 7-34264
Fax: +49 9131 7-26254
mailto:hartmut.niemann@siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme; Vorstand: Joe
Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Siegfried Russwurm,
Ralf P. Thomas; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht:
Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322