subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: svnversion output changed when redirecting the output. Why?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 07:23:17 GMT
On 10 February 2016 at 18:09, Steenveld, Andre <A.H.M.Steenveld@marin.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m working with svn (via TortoiseSVN) versions 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 and due to external
factors I cannot bring it up to the same version.

> Also, I’m using svn via the TortoiseSVN package but I believe that my question is related
to svn and not to TortoseSVN, please correct me it this is not the case.

> I use the svnversion command to keep track of versions in my sandboxes. For this I redirect
the output from svnversion to a file and use that file in other parts.

> For versions 1.7 and 1.8 the command line output from svnversion is identical to the
redirected output. But for version 1.9 it is not and there is no command line option to get
it to the `old style’ output.

> Here is an example for 1.8
>
> C:\…> svnversion .
> 22923:22924M
>
> C:\...>svnversion . > output.txt
> C:\...>type output.txt
> 22923:22924M
>
> And here is the same example but now for 1.9
>
> C:\…> svnversion .
>
> 22923:22924M
>
> C:\...>svnversion . > output.txt
> C:\...>type output.txt

> 22923:22924
>
> Note that if the sandbox is not modified the first line is an empty one.
>
> Question:
>
> Why is the M (sandbox modified) on a separate line?
>
> How do I get ‘1.8’ behavior back for this 1.9 version of svnversion?

What exact version of TortoiseSVN 1.9.x do you use? Output of 'svn
--version --verbose' command would be useful.

If I remember correctly some TortoiseSVN builds was compiled using
static runtime and this caused some problems with stdout flushing.

--
Ivan Zhakov