subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Hom, Margaret" <Margaret....@ucsf.edu>
Subject FW: upgrade Subversion from version 1.6 to svn, version 1.8.15 (r1718365)
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:43:53 GMT
Hi,
In this new version 1.8.15 server, with the working directory copied from an existing 1.6
subversion server, I tried to do a 'svn cleanup' to a working directory, I got the 'not a
working copy directory'. Please see the following copy and paste:
[subvadm@vx63 subv_repos]$ cd ARS_repos_aps
[subvadm@vx63 ARS_repos_aps]$ svn cleanup
svn: E155007: '/subv_repos/ARS_repos_aps' is not a working copy directory
[subvadm@vx63 ARS_repos_aps]$
Please advise,
Thanks,
Margaret
From: Hom, Margaret
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 5:30 PM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Cc: Hom, Margaret
Subject: upgrade Subversion from version 1.6 to svn, version 1.8.15 (r1718365)

Hi,
I installed version 1.8.15, copied the working directory from an existing 1.6 version server
to this new server.   I su logged in as subvadm, cd to working directory, cd to one of the
working directory ais_repos.   I issued the command 'svn upgrade', but   I got the error not
a working copy root, file not found error. (please see the following copy and paste).
I am new to the Subversion.  Please advise.
Thanks,
Margaret Hom
UCSF

[sfaismh@vx63 ~]$ su - subvadm
Password:
[subvadm@vx63 ~]$ cd /subv_repos
[subvadm@vx63 subv_repos]$ cd ais_repos
[subvadm@vx63 ais_repos]$ svn upgrade
svn: E155019: Can't upgrade '/subv_repos/ais_repos' as it is not a working copy root
svn: E000002: Working copy database '/subv_repos/ais_repos/.svn/wc.db' not found
svn: E000002: Additional errors:
svn: E000002: Can't open file '/subv_repos/ais_repos/.svn/entries': No such file or directory