subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Subversion commit email script and "unprintable" characters
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:27:59 GMT
We are using a (very old) commit-email.pl script to send out email notifications from a post-commit
hook on our Linux server running Subversion 1.7.5.  Lately I’ve noticed some emails that
contain lots of “unprintable” characters.  Here is a snippet from a recent commit:

    If it?\226?\128?\153s nil, I set to false.

This is happening mostly from Mac clients.  Running “svn log” from the command line on
Linux and Windows shows the check-in comment correctly, but not from a Mac client ironically.
 This leads me to believe that the log is stored correctly on the server but that the commit-email.pl
is script is not properly sending it out.  I assume this is an issue with not properly encoding
TF.  So my questions are:

   1. Where can I find the latest version of the commit-email.pl script and does it fix this
issue?
   2. If not, what is the current recommended script to use to send email notifications from
a post-commit hook?

Thanks,
Alfred