subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alfred von Campe <alf...@von-campe.com>
Subject Re: Subversion commit email script and "unprintable" characters
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:15:56 GMT
On Jan 17, 2016, at 21:26, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Alfred von Campe wrote on Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 20:54:12 -0500:
>> Is there any documentation for this script (other than the script
>> itself)?
>
> There's mailer.conf.example in the same directory.

Thanks, Daniel, but I am trying to run this script by specifying most of the option of the
mailer.con file on the command line.

In any event, I have bigger issues trying to get the mailer.py script to run on RHEL 6.  First,
I had not installed the subversion-python package so the script was failing at the first “import
fs.xxx” command.  After installing that package, it’s still failing with the following
error now:

>>> import svn.fs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/svn/fs.py", line 26, in <module>
    from libsvn.fs import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/libsvn/fs.py", line 26, in <module>
    _fs = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/libsvn/fs.py", line 22, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_fs', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/lib/libsvn_swig_py-1.so.0: undefined symbol: PyCapsule_Import

Has anyone gotten mailer.py to run on RHEL (or CentOS) 6?

Alfred