subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan <luke1...@posteo.de>
Subject Re: point of time dump?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 00:25:08 GMT
On 1/20/2016 01:16, Eric Antonio Maquiling wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 12:40:12AM +0100, Stefan wrote:
>> If they really require full offline access to the entire repository, you
>> could create a backup/dump of the data they need so they can locally set up
>> their own SVN repository (even on a local machine). You can filter the dump
>> to control which data they will be provided with.
> That's exactly what my suggestion was.  I figure, if they have people who know
> what to look for they probably know how to use version control software.
>
> But me and developer are stumped on one thing.  How to give them to dump of the
> repo, from beginning of time, to June of 2015?  He was thinking of doing a dump
> of the whole thing, putting it into another machine, and remove changes from
> now til June of 2015.

Joseph already answered that in his other reply. I take it you answered
my reply prior to checking out his.

Basically the command you'd use is svnadmin dump [REPOSPATH] -r 1:X
where X is the last revision you want to include (aka: the one from june
2015).
See: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.ref.svnadmin.c.dump.html

Then you do an svnadmin load of the provided dump and there you have the
repository with all the content from the beginning of time to June 2015.

Regards,
Stefan