subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Crast, Nicholas" <Nicholas.Cr...@saabsensis.com>
Subject RE: Modifying SVN Externals with Specific Revision
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:16:52 GMT
Thanks Daniel!

Exactly the information I was looking for.

For anyone else in the future, there is more information here:
https://people.apache.org/~brane/svndocs/capi/group__Commit.html

-Nick

Nick Crast
Software Engineer
Saab Sensis Corporation
Phone: 315-445-5703
Email: Nicholas.Crast@saabsensis.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2016 7:00 PM
To: Crast, Nicholas
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modifying SVN Externals with Specific Revision

Crast, Nicholas wrote on Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 21:05:51 +0000:
> This is, in fact, the behavior I want. I just want to know if it's
> guaranteed that modifications to external directories with a specific
> revisions will not be committed.

It is an explicit API promise of svn_client_commit6():

 * If @a include_file_externals and/or @a include_dir_externals are #TRUE,
 * also commit all file and/or dir externals (respectively) that are reached
 * by recursion, except for those externals which:
 *     - have a fixed revision, or
 *     - come from a different repository root URL (dir externals).
 * These flags affect only recursion; externals that directly appear in @a
 * targets are always included in the commit.

Cheers,

Daniel
-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company
confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance
with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export
Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use
this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender
immediately.
-