subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Modifying SVN Externals with Specific Revision
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2016 23:53:04 GMT
Crast, Nicholas wrote on Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 21:05:51 +0000:
> This is, in fact, the behavior I want. I just want to know if it's
> guaranteed that modifications to external directories with a specific
> revisions will not be committed.

It is an explicit API promise of svn_client_commit6():

 * If @a include_file_externals and/or @a include_dir_externals are #TRUE,
 * also commit all file and/or dir externals (respectively) that are reached
 * by recursion, except for those externals which:
 *     - have a fixed revision, or
 *     - come from a different repository root URL (dir externals).
 * These flags affect only recursion; externals that directly appear in @a
 * targets are always included in the commit.

Cheers,

Daniel