subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Henket <ahen...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.8.14 won't install on OSX
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:46:32 GMT
WANdisco was the only thing I did not try. :-)

The log says nothing more useful than the command line already did. It *thinks* db46 whatever
that may be lives in the path but it doesn't say what the exact thing is I should uninstall.
There is nothing by that name anywhere directly or somewhere down that path.

Maybe thing got messed up after trying so many ways to do something that could have been simple.
Especially MacPorts seems to be installing a zillion things that I did not really care for
or wanted.

If only the build from source thing for SVN itself would have worked...

Alexander

> Op 9 nov. 2015, om 19:31 heeft Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
> On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:22, Alexander Henket <ahenket@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Right, that's it. I downloaded the zip variant. Don't know why it should matter,
but anyway. It's working now .. sort of:

> While zip works just about everywhere these days, it has its origins in the MSDOS world,
and Windows can extract zip files without any 3rd party utilities, so I think the zip variant
is intended to be more convenient for Windows users.

>> Any other hints? Thanks in advance.
>
> What about the WANdisco package? It's for Yosemite, but it seems like it should work
on El Capitan too.

> FWIW, MacPorts subversion 1.9.2 installed with no problems on my El Capitan system. What
did /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db46/db46/main.log
have to say about the problem?