subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Subversion 1.8.14 won't install on OSX
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:53:33 GMT

On Nov 9, 2015, at 1:46 PM, Alexander Henket wrote:

> The log says nothing more useful than the command line already did. It *thinks* db46
whatever that may be lives in the path but it doesn't say what the exact thing is I should
uninstall. There is nothing by that name anywhere directly or somewhere down that path.

The message you received is printed if the file /usr/local/include/db.h exists on your system.
This file, and anything else you have installed in /usr/local, should be removed before attempting
to use MacPorts. For an explanation, see:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#usrlocal

> Maybe thing got messed up after trying so many ways to do something that could have been
simple. Especially MacPorts seems to be installing a zillion things that I did not really
care for or wanted.

MacPorts installs the dependencies required to install the software you requested.

If you have further questions about MacPorts, please join the macports-users mailing list: