subversion-users mailing list archives

From Hunger Tobias <Tobias.Hun...@theqtcompany.com>
Subject How to pass a message file in UTF8 encoding to svn commit?
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 13:44:34 GMT
Hello SVN users list!

I have a file in UTF8 encoding, containing a couple of non-ASCII characters (Cyrillic mostly,
some äüß and such). I know that file to be in UTF8 encoding.

Then I am trying to run:
svn commit --encoding utf8 --file mymsg.txt somefile.cpp

and I get the following error:
svn: E000022: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E000022: Error normalizing log message to internal format
svn: E000022: Non-ASCII character (code 195) detected, and unable to convert to/from UTF-8

Did I set something wrong in --encoding? Or does that not effect --file? How can I force SVN
to treat the file contents as UTF8?

Best Regards and thanks in advance for your help,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B