subversion-users mailing list archives

From Dave Huang <k...@azeotrope.org>
Subject Re: question about subversion 1.9 unicode normalization status
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 16:59:29 GMT
On Aug 12, 2015, at 4:00, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:

> Yay for misunderstandings. :)
>
> The problem with HFS is that it normalizes paths: regardless of how your
> file names are (de)normalised when you create them, they're stored in
> HFS in NFD form.

I don't think I misunderstood anything; I said in my message that filenames are stored in
NFD, and that I don't think that's broken: "But while HFS(+) is old and is due for an overhaul,
its use of Unicode NFD isn't broken."

That's great that you're working on the issue though. While I only work in English these days
and am not affected by this problem, I used to work at a place were a lot of l10n stuff was
going on, and saw all sorts of languages and accented letters :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 39 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++