subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Nahrgang, Kyle" <Kyle.Nahrg...@unisys.com>
Subject Unreported errors during svn checkout
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:10:13 GMT
Using various versions of subversion, on both windows and linux, we have seen situations where
subversion encounters a network error in the process of checkout out code in an svn:externals
folder. When this happens, subversion will ignore the error and continue instead of ending
with a bad exit status. If the same thing happens on a tree that is NOT an svn:external, then
subversion will fail and return a bad exit status as expected.

Our building LAN has had some stability issues lately so this problem has been seen quite
often. We have been trying to teach our automated build process to discover these errors,
but that is difficult without subversion properly reporting them. We believe this is a bug
that should be tracked.

Kyle Nahrgang | Senior Software Engineer | Virtual Systems Development

Unisys  |  2476 Swedesford Road  |  Malvern, PA 19355 |  385-2010 | 610-648-2010

[cid:image001.gif@01D0CAB7.CD37B370]