subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Problem with "svn export"
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 05:12:57 GMT

On Jul 8, 2015, at 9:56 PM, Sandeep Kamath wrote:

> We have got 30+ projects in our windows 2008 server and every day we are taking the backup
of it. We are using "svn export" command to do so using python script.
> "Svn export" is failing for some projects forcing the apache to restart. Out of 30 projects,
one or the other will have incomplete data due to this issue.

> Note that project which is failing is not the same always.
>
> Server: Windows 2008
> apache 2.2
> subversion 1.6.12

Could you show us the exact error message you get?

Note that "svn export" is *not* a backup method. It only gets you a copy of the latest version
of the code, but not any of the history. To back up the history, use "svnadmin dump" or "svnadmin
hotcopy" or "svnsync".