subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Svnserve port issue with Apache
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:27:26 GMT

On Jul 9, 2015, at 8:23 PM, Prakash Reddy wrote:

> After installing those three rpms on the linux box, the svn link works, but my other
application running earlier wont work. It means the application will be running in the background
but the web link wont launch. Below is the message from browser..

> The requested URL /org/admin/login was not found on this server.
>
> Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at 100.200.188.22 Port 80
>
> But on the same server svn link works and shows the repositories...
> http://100.200.188.22/svn/

You (or the rpms you installed) must have also made changes to the Apache httpd configuration,
or else nothing about your web server's behavior would have happened. So what changes were
made? It sounds like they may not have been what you wanted.

> I need steps to configure only the svn... to different port so it wont touch the apache
of my other application.

As I said, if you want the Subversion mod_dav_svn server on a separate port from the rest
of your web sites, you need to run a separate copy of Apache httpd for Subversion. But I'm
not sure if that's straightforward to do, and that should not be necessary.

Also, what version of Subversion and mod_dav_svn did you install? It looks like you may have
installed 1.4.6... If that's true, then that's old and unsupported; the current version is
1.8.13 and you should use that.