subversion-users mailing list archives

From Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool for upgrading many svn repos with dump/load?
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 01:15:55 GMT
On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Thorsten Schöning
<tschoening@am-soft.de> wrote:
> Guten Tag Andrew Reedick,
> am Freitag, 10. Juli 2015 um 19:26 schrieben Sie:
>
>> Since you're moving from windows to Ubuntu
>
> I've already moved to Ubuntu some years ago. ;-)
>
>> As for merging the configurations, short of creating a temp repo in
>> which you check in the default repo's auth/conf/hook files into
>> trunk, and then checking in your live repo auth/conf/hook scripts
>> into a branch off of trunk, then merging the branch into the trunk
>> to effectively merge the files and then copying the merged files to
>> the new repos, I don't know of anything.  =(
>
> That really sounds a bit complicated and though I thought of using
> some diff tool myself, I gues the easiest is to just copy the
> configured lines I know I did change in my repos, which are are most
> likely just those not commented. Treating the configuration as
> key/value file and just copy some special keys may be enough for my
> case...

I've always liked 'meld' as a visual merge tool.  If you can get a
copy of your old, edited file on the same system (running an X
desktop) as the updated and possibly slightly different  copy it is
fairly easy to identify and copy over your changes and make any other
needed additional edits.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com