subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Sync-ing two SVN repositories
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 07:52:10 GMT

On Jul 20, 2015, at 10:08 AM, Mani Raju wrote:

> My company & vendor planning to maintain 2 independent SVN repositories(URLs &
server names are different) & need to merge between 2 repositories.

> Is SVN 1.8 support merging between 2 repos at trunk or branch level?
> Is any tool provides auto sync or auto merging without manual intervention
>
> Tried with TortoiseSVN  by creating 2 repositories, merged & getting the below error.Refer
attached.

> ERROR --> svn: 'x' isn't in the same repository as 'y' "
>
> I got the below link to sync between branches from different repositories.Provided solution
in this link is to maintain
> the same UUID for both repo.So I am guessing we can sync at branch level.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3907162/svn-error-x-isnt-in-the-same-repository-as-y-during-merge

Don't set two repositories to the same UUID unless their contents are intended to be completely
identical (and such identicalness will be maintained by use of the svnsync program).

Even if you have two repositories that are identical to each other, one of them will need
to be designated the "master", and that will be the one that all commits are made to.

Subversion is a one-central-repository system.