subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Svnserve port issue with Apache
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 05:11:08 GMT
On Jul 8, 2015, at 11:14 PM, Prakash Reddy wrote:

> There was an Apache application running on a a linux server and recently I installed
svnserve using the below rpm files as per one of the google site. After that the svn link
is working fine but my other application link running on apache earlier is not working now.

> • - httpd-2.2.9-1.fc9.i386.rpm
> • - mod_dav_svn.i386 0:1.4.6-7
> • - subversion.i386 0:1.4.6-7
>
> So seems the problem is with the port , where both are looking for default port of 8080
>
> So how can I change the port of svn alone and my other application will run as it is
like earlier.

When you are using Apache Subversion's mod_dav_svn in Apache httpd, Subversion access will
occur on the port(s) you have configured Apache httpd to use. You cannot change the port that
svn alone will use, and still have the same httpd serve other web traffic on a different port.

Options include running a second httpd instance (one for your svn http traffic, one for your
other http traffic), or using svnserve instead of mod_dav_svn in httpd.

However, there should be no problem running mod_dav_svn within httpd and also serving other
web traffic at the same time. What problem did you encounter?