subversion-users mailing list archives

From Sam Peretz <SPer...@intralinks.com>
Subject new directories can't be added to changelist
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:59:42 GMT
When I add to a changelist, directories are skipped:

$ svn cl -R 'refactor' /src/main/java/com/mycompany/myproject/http/
Skipped /src/main/java/com/mycompany/myproject/http'
A [refactor] /src/main/java/com/mycompany/myproject/http/StaticFileHandler.java

Then when I go to commit, I get an error:

$ svn ci --cl 'refactor' -m 'my message'
svn: E200009: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E200009: '/src/main/java/com/mycompany/myproject/http' is not known to exist in the repository
and is not part of the commit, yet its child '/src/main/java/com/mycompany/myproject/common/service/http/StaticFileHandler.java'
is part of the commit

Instead, I have to do a separate "pre-commit" of any new directories in order to be able to
do a commit by changelist.  This is clearly a bug with changelists.  Why can't directories
be included in a changelist?

Thanks,
Sam Peretz
speretz@intralinks.com

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.