subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Svnserve port issue with Apache
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 05:27:34 GMT
On Jul 9, 2015, at 12:23 AM, Prakash Reddy wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 3:11 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 8, 2015, at 11:14 PM, Prakash Reddy wrote:
>>>
>>> There was an Apache application running on a a linux server and recently I installed
svnserve using the below rpm files as per one of the google site. After that the svn link
is working fine but my other application link running on apache earlier is not working now.

>>> • - httpd-2.2.9-1.fc9.i386.rpm
>>> • - mod_dav_svn.i386 0:1.4.6-7
>>> • - subversion.i386 0:1.4.6-7
>>>
>>> So seems the problem is with the port , where both are looking for default port
of 8080

>>> So how can I change the port of svn alone and my other application will run as
it is like earlier.

>> When you are using Apache Subversion's mod_dav_svn in Apache httpd, Subversion access
will occur on the port(s) you have configured Apache httpd to use. You cannot change the port
that svn alone will use, and still have the same httpd serve other web traffic on a different
port.

>> Options include running a second httpd instance (one for your svn http traffic, one
for your other http traffic), or using svnserve instead of mod_dav_svn in httpd.

>> However, there should be no problem running mod_dav_svn within httpd and also serving
other web traffic at the same time. What problem did you encounter?

> Hi Ryan,
>
> 	Can you help me the steps how to fix it.
>
> As of now I'm accessing the svn repo as  http://00.000.000.00/svn/
>
> Thanks
> Prakash Reddy

When you reply, please use the Reply-All function of your email program so that the discussion
stays on the mailing list, and note that on this list we prefer you post your reply after
the quoted text, not before.

I can't help you fix it, because I don't know yet what's wrong. What error message were you
getting? Or, what problem are you trying to solve?