subversion-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2...@ryandesign.com>
Subject Re: Problem with "svn export"
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 05:20:33 GMT

On Jul 9, 2015, at 12:12 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2015, at 9:56 PM, Sandeep Kamath wrote:
>
>> We have got 30+ projects in our windows 2008 server and every day we are taking the
backup of it. We are using "svn export" command to do so using python script.
>> "Svn export" is failing for some projects forcing the apache to restart. Out of 30
projects, one or the other will have incomplete data due to this issue.

>> Note that project which is failing is not the same always.
>>
>> Server: Windows 2008
>> apache 2.2
>> subversion 1.6.12
>
> Could you show us the exact error message you get?
>
> Note that "svn export" is *not* a backup method. It only gets you a copy of the latest
version of the code, but not any of the history. To back up the history, use "svnadmin dump"
or "svnadmin hotcopy" or "svnsync".

Also, please try a newer version of Subversion. The latest version of Subversion 1.6 is 1.6.23,
however Subversion versions earlier than 1.7 are no longer supported, so consider upgrading
to 1.7.20 or 1.8.13.

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8#svn-1.6-deprecation