subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bert Huijben <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject Re: Broken SVN revision paths encoding
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:43:45 GMT
What client (including version) did you use to commit… and against what kind of server?

Subversion's clients properly encode characters to utf-8 as far as we know, but perhaps you
used some not standard client for the commit.

(Newer servers should perform more verifications; that is why that answer is also relevant)

Bert

Sent from Surface

From: dpsenner@apache.org
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎28‎, ‎2015 ‎4‎:‎11‎ ‎PM
To: users@subversion.apache.org

Hi there,

Somehow I was able to commit a file with a broken filename encoding and now the svn client
can no longer process the log messages from the server! For example I commited the file “fooä.bar”
and when I then try to svn log I get this:

svn: E130003: The REPORT response contains invalid XML (200 OK)

However, in wireshark I can see this coming in (stripped to the interesting lines):

<S:log-item>

<S:added-path>foo\344.file</S:added-path>

</S:log-item>

The clients svn is not the latest, but a newer version does not work either:

>svn –version

svn, version 1.8.10 (r1615264)

   compiled Aug 10 2014, 15:48:46 on x86-microsoft-windows

Any good ideas how we can bring the repository back to be fully functional?

Cheers