subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Markus Hastreiter <markus.hastrei...@soloplan.de>
Subject wc_db_update_move.c line 1039: assertion failed
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 07:12:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm using TortoiseSVN 1.8.11 which is linked against Subversion 1.8.13. I got a
merge conflict during an SVN update because a file was modified which
I had renamed but not yet committed.
TortoiseSVN reported "The last update operation tried to modify the
file "IGlobalSettings.cs", but the file was moved away. It offered a
button to "Apply the update to the move destination".
When I clicked on that button I got the following error message 
---------------------------
Subversion Exception!
---------------------------
Subversion encountered a serious problem.
Please take the time to report this on the Subversion mailing list
with as much information as possible about what
you were trying to do.
But please first search the mailing list archives for the error message
to avoid reporting the same problem repeatedly.
You can find the mailing list archives at
http://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.11\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db_update_move.c'
 line 1039: assertion failed (move_dst_revision == expected_move_dst_revision
 || status == svn_wc__db_status_not_present)
---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------

It sounds a lot like something which was fixed in Subversion 1.8.13 ("fix
assertion failure in svn move (r1651963 et al)"), but apparently I'm using
1.8.13 and still get the error.
What maybe makes my case special is that I not only renamed the checked-in
file on my machine, I also created a new file with the same name.

To clarify:
We had a file named "IGlobalSettings.cs" checked in.
I renamed this file on my machine to IGlobalSettingsCom.cs and also created
a new file IGlobalSettings.cs.
Meanwhile, someone else changed something in IGlobalSettings.cs.
Then I tried an SVN update and got this exception.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Markus

P.S. I'm not subscribed here. Please cc me to include me in your reply.

Mime
View raw message