subversion-users mailing list archives

From MORGAN Marc <Marc.MOR...@csem.ch>
Subject RE: Subversion 1.8.13 on Cygwin: E170000 or E180001: Unable to connect to a repository at URL , Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:41:13 GMT
Hi Bert,

Thanks for your reply.

1)      Are you suggesting that Cygwin executables are cross-compiled for Cygwin under Linux?
Are you sure of this? I’ve never come across a Linux environment for cross-compiling code
for Cygwin execution. Do you have more information about this?

2)      Access to the same repository worked fine with the previous svn on Cygwin on the same
Windows computer, same Linux server, same network. Are you suggesting that someone removed
the path mapping capability from svn between versions 1.6 and 1.8?

Marc

From: Bert Huijben [mailto:bert@qqmail.nl]
Sent: vendredi 26 juin 2015 05:17
To: MORGAN Marc; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Subversion 1.8.13 on Cygwin: E170000 or E180001: Unable to connect to a repository
at URL , Unable to open an ra_local session to URL

The cygwin version of Subversion is a unix compilation of subversion running on Windows, via
the cygwin libraries. As such it doesn't understand special Windoes paths.

If you would use a normal windows client (compiled for windows; not cygwin) it would understand
that it should transform file://myserver/share/path<file:///\\myserver\share\path> to
\\myserver\share\path<file:///\\myserver\share\path>.

If you would like to use the cygwin version, you should probably map the network share and
then relocate your working copy.

Bert

Sent from Surface