subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Niemann, Hartmut" <hartmut.niem...@siemens.com>
Subject Making an (external) working copy readonly
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 12:05:33 GMT
Hello!

I would like to prevent accidental commits into subdirectories that are svn:external in our
development projects.

If I understand the documentation correctly, a svn:external is a complete and independent
working copy
on its own.
Is there a way to make such svn:externals read-only?

If not:
Would it be feasible to add a 'this complete working copy does not allow commits' flag to
a working copy,
and to set that flag when svn:external creates a working copy for a fixed revision?

All solutions I found so far rely on the server-side pre-commit hook (refer only to 'tags'
directories and
block commits based on the path), which does not fit well in the way our projects are structured
at the moment.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dr. Hartmut Niemann

Siemens AG
Mobility
MO MLT LM EN CCI 1
Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 67
91052 Erlangen, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 9131 7-34264
Fax: +49 9131 7-26254
mailto:hartmut.niemann@siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme; Vorstand: Joe
Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Siegfried Russwurm,
Ralf P. Thomas; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht:
Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322