subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to setup Write-through proxying (aka Replication on-the-fly) in VisualSVN server?
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2015 00:14:55 GMT
Hi,

A replicating setup with write-through proxies is possible with VisualSVN Server standard
and standard tools, I had this in production for years. Set up the replicating hooks.
On slaves, adjust the custom httpd config to load the required modules (proxy, http) and add
a receiving location for the sync.

Andreas

Am 17.01.2015 um 00:55 schrieb STF SVN <lapsap7+svn@gmail.com>:

> I forgot some important questions:
>
> On 17 January 2015 at 00:47, STF SVN <lapsap7+svn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know this mailing-list has nothing to do with VisualSVN server, but I really need
some help.

>> I need to set up SVN replication on the fly, aka write-through proxying, using VisualSVN
server.  I know the new version of VisualSVN server supports replication, but for technical
reason, I'm still using old version 2.7.

>> I have found some articles here and there, eg http://www.visualsvn.com/support/svnbook/reposadmin/maint/#svn.reposadmin.maint.replication
and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.extra.writethruproxy
etc etc and tried to follow them but failed.  Maybe because those procedures are for Linux-based
SVN server?  And how much are those articles relevant to VisualSVN server, ie Windows-based
SVN server?

> I've read http://www.visualsvn.com/support/svnbook/reposadmin/maint/#svn.reposadmin.maint.replication
several times, but I have a doubt.  Does it apply totally?  Can I consider VisualSVN Server
like a *generic* Apache HTTP server?  Or VisualSVN Server has some special modification to
Apache such that something wouldn't work?

> I have also found this article:
> http://www.cardinalpath.com/how-to-use-svnsync-to-create-a-mirror-backup-of-your-subversion-repository/
> but it didn’t talk about putting the SVNMasterURI variable inside HTTPD config on the
slave server.  And as a matter of fact, I’ve gone through this procedure but I cannot commit
to the slave server!

>> Has anyone managed to do this (ie Write-through proxying with VisualSVN Server)?
>>
>> I could restart the whole setting from zero.  Could someone point me out the correct
procedure to configure VisualSVN Server, ie in Windows, to support write-through proxying,
please?