subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn dropbox URL encoding
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 15:20:04 GMT
On 04.01.2015 15:56, lenb wrote:
> I keep my subversion repositories on dropbox.  I want to checkout a copy of
> my project, so I requested a sharing link.  I got one but when I use svn
> checkout, I got a URL not encoded message.  I then encoded the two
> characters (?,=) which occur in the URL but when I then use checkout, I get
> the following.  (I've changed the URL since it is a proprietary project).
>
> svn: OPTIONS of
> 'https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r198XXXXXX5a/AXXXXXXXzu-G0ybr7RzlHea%3Fdl%3D0':
> 200 OK (https://www.dropbox.com)
>
> I've no idea what OPTIONS means.  Can anyone help?

OPTIONS is a method of the HTTP protocol, which Subversion uses (amongst
other things) to determine server capabilities.

Dropbox is not a Subversion server, so you can't use the client to
access the repository via HTTP(S) on Dropbox. What you can try to do is
set up a local directory that's mirrored on Dropbox, create the
repository ther, then use the file:// protocol to check out a working copy.

Be warned that I've never tried that, but apparently it works for some
people.

-- Brane