subversion-users mailing list archives

From frame <xs...@yahoo.com>
Subject TortoiseSVN on the shared drive to be used by multiple users
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 16:42:11 GMT
Hi:

In our office, each of us has his own PC. Cygwin is installed on each PC.
Every PC can access the shared S drive.

I have installed TortoiseSVN on my own PC. I am thinking doing a short-cut:
no need to install TortoiseSVN on everybody's PC. I just copied my
C:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN to the S drive. Now everybody in Cygwin on his
PC can have 'svn' command(svn is an alias now to avoid typing the long
path). For example, "svn --version" works on everybody's Cygwin.

The problem is authentication. On their PC Window Explorer, mouse right
click won't show those SVN options in the menu. On their Cygwin, I typed
this command:

svn ls username my_username --password my_secret_pswd URL

prompting me to enter password for the user 'my_username', I did and it
hangs there forever.

I checked his PC %AppData%/Roaming/Subversion/auth/svn.simple. The
directory has been created on his own drive. But it is always empty.

I even cleaned my own svn.simple directory, re-run TortoiseSVN gui again,
this time I entered his username and password so that a credential file was
created in my svn.simple/. Then I moved this file(containing his
credentials) to his own empty svn.simple/, then on his Cygwin I tried "svn
ls URL". It still didn't work.

Is that possible for me to set up such a thing so that everybody can use
the shared svn on the S drive, no need to install his own?

Thank you.