subversion-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: subversion - svnsync synchronize hangs - how to debug?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:06:27 GMT
Hi,

> On 1 Dec 2014, at 18:40, Marc Breslow <marc2112@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve been trying to get an SVN repository to synchronize to a target server.  When
I run the
> svnsync synchronize [target-http-url] [target-svn+ssh-url] I get the following output:
>
>    Transmitting file data .

Why are you specifying the target twice?

> It just hangs there.  I managed to get some logging on the svnserve source side switched
on and the last entry I see in the log is:

>    32272 2014-12-01T18:28:35.638273Z - [uid] [repo-name] replay / r108

Does the target repository start a transaction, is there network traffic and is the in-progress
transaction changing on disk?

> Would love some suggestions about how to debug this.  I've checked out revisions 107,
108 and 109 successfully.

Does "svnadmin dump" and "svnrdump dump" finish giving dumps for these revisions?

Does syncing from a file:// source (on source host) to destination work?

Andreas