subversion-users mailing list archives

From Milan_Plan...@swissre.com
Subject svn command line client 1.8.8 - Error: file name or extension is too long
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:29:37 GMT
Dear team,

I tried to commit my changes with following error message:

Error:Cannot run program "C:\srdev\tool\SVN_CLIENT_1.8.8\svn.exe" (in
directory
"C:\Users\S3F96Q\work\sources\g10ct\SR_G10_CT\modules\sr-g10-ct-batch-xd\src\main\resources"):

CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

This file in its path is far away from the longest name in project and I
only changed the content of its file (did not changed the path or file
name). This error prevents me to commit my changes. I also tried to
checkout it from scratch, so that path changed to:
C:\work\sources\g10ct\SR_G10_CT\modules\sr-g10-ct-batch-xd\src\main\resources,
but id did not help.

Then I tried to commit changes in chunks (I did not change any path or
file name), which finally worked. I had 285 files to commit.

1. Is it bug? At least message does not correspond to real error
2. Can it be configurable (the max file count to commit or some buffer)?
(How?)
3. Is it fixed in some newer version?

Thank you
With regards

Milan Plancik

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company named and may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.
Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.
All incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are stored in the Swiss Re Electronic Message Repository.
If you do not wish the retention of potentially private e-mails by Swiss Re, we strongly advise
you not to use the Swiss Re e-mail account for any private, non-business related communications.